Senior Lab Analyst
Based in Lytham, Permanent Role – Salary £23 – 28K (based upon experience)
About the Role
The main focus of the Senior Analyst role will be to provide analytical services to our customers in the form of QC testing and non-routine analysis and to provide operational support to the Laboratory Manager and Head of Quality and to deputise for members of the management team in their absence.
The Senior Analyst will assist in the enforcement of laboratory procedures to ensure high quality output of the laboratory – they will be instrumental in ensuring the lab remains reliable and trustworthy.
They will be expected to portray a professional image at all times – ensuring that the highest standards are met.
Duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Co-ordination of in-coming samples – assisting the Laboratory Quality Manager in assigning workload to the analysis team, and organising out-sourcing of testing where required.
- Be instrumental in ensuring ongoing ISO17025 and GMP accreditation for the laboratory.
- Conduct internal audits, which includes both system and method witnessing audits. Assist in external audits as required.
- Routine analysis of raw materials, bulk samples and finished products.
- Review and approval of analytical data and associated analytical reports.
- Routine completion of laboratory notebook and maintenance of orderly filing system – this is integral to the role.
- Assist with creation and execution of equipment qualification, method development and validation where required.
- Assist with the creation and execution of stability studies, and reporting the results.
- Maintenance of current Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the laboratory (this will involve formulating new SOPs when required and amending existing ones).
- Maintenance of Equipment and calibration records for the laboratory equipment in the lab – to include arranging preventative maintenance visits from external servicers, calling in engineers during breakdown, and general trouble-shooting.
- Taking an active role in training ICNE laboratory staff, ensuring that adherence to SOPs and regulatory requirements are driven throughout training process.
- Providing regular and routine operational support to the Management Team and deputising for the management team in their absence.
- Customer contact re: samples and testing queries.
- Degree or associated qualification within a chemistry-based subject.
- Five years’ experience in a commercial testing laboratory or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in HPLC ad at least one of the following: GC, AAS, KF, UV-Vis, FTIR, Titrimetery.
- GMP/GLP knowledge.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management & organisation skills & an ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Good IT, English & Numeracy skills.
- Good practical experience of working with a variety of methodologies for the analysis of food supplements/feedstuffs and animal care products (i.e. USP, Ph Eur, AOAC) – or same methodologies in a similar field..
- Ability to follow current guidelines and SOPs – working to a high standard at all times.
The Tangerine Group is a privately held company based in Lytham. Within the group are ten limited companies, each operating as stand-alone entities. We specialise in the manufacture and sales of animal health and nutrition products for farm and companion animals, including veterinary and equine products. We’re passionate about being the best and you should be too!