Purchase Ledger Clerk
Mill Farm Sports Village
£16,000 – £17,500 dependent on experience
About The Role
We are on the lookout for a hardworking and professional purchase ledger to join our state-of-the-art leisure complex in Wesham, Preston on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Finance Manager.
As a Purchase Ledger Clerk, you will be responsible for the processing of purchase ledger items for both Mill Farm Sports Village and AFC Fylde. You will also reconcile supplier statements, daily takings and raise sales invoices. You will be involved in overseeing stocktaking and other ad-hoc finance tasks as and when required. In addition, you will be expected to cover the responsibilities of the Mill Farm Inventory Controller for 1 day a week, including the placing of orders, receiving of deliveries and ensuring the EPOS system is kept fully up to date.
Duties and responsibilities;
You will be;
- Processing purchase ledger invoices, including matching of delivery notes and purchase orders and putting forward supplier payment runs
- Overseeing daily reconciliations of takings for all Mill Farm outlets, matching to cash amounts banked and raising sales invoices
- Participating in month end stock takes, including posting / analysis of adjustments where required
- Assisting with payroll administration on a weekly basis
- Overseeing cash handling procedures, i.e. filing cashing up sheets from previous day trading and investigating any discrepancies to report to the General Manager.
- In the absence of the Mill Farm Inventory Controller:
- Processing purchase orders on the EPOS system
- Receiving deliveries and checking against purchase orders
- Entering wastage and transfer sheets onto the EPOS system
- At least one year’s experience in a similar role
- Organisational skills
- Excellent Excel skills
- Good IT skills
- Experience of Sage Line 200 and 50 would be advantageous
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Holidays that increase with length of service
- Personal and Professional development
- Bonus and Health cover (after qualifying period)
We’re passionate about being the best and you should be too!
Apply online for immediate consideration.