Production Manager– based in Leominster, Herefordshire £25,000 per annum
Do you want to work alongside a dedicated and successful team?
Reporting directly to the Group Operations Director
You will be responsible for ensuring that goods and services are produced efficiently; that they are of the right quality and quantity and that they are produced on time, to the satisfaction of the customer.
Main Duties: –
- preparing the production schedule
- ensuring production runs are at appropriate quantities to maximise equipment and storage space
- calculating the human and materials resources needed
- working with the OD, PP and GB to ensure resources are available when required
- estimating time scales for the schedule
- monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed
- liaising with the DD, OD, PP and Buyer to ensure that seasonal and historical trends are accommodated.
- managing and motivating the production team, including dealing with any personnel issues that may arise.
- training and developing the team where required
- working with the QM to ensure quality standards are continuously met
- following the guidance of the HSE, ensure all PPE and health and safety requirements laid down by the company are adhered to by the production team and any visitors to the production areas
Site Maintenance and Development:
- assist the OD and the ME with the maintenance and replacement of production equipment when required
- assist the OD in the selection and design of equipment; the plant layout and materials handling when required
- in conjunction with the OD, develop and implement a programme of continuous improvement
- People management experience with ability to effectively manage a team essential.
- Excellent IT skills especially in Microsoft Excel
- Sage experience (beneficial but not essential)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Manufacturing experience.
- Previous experience of 2 years Production Manager experience, or 3 – 5 years as a production supervisor.
The Tangerine Group is a privately held company based in Lytham. Within the group are ten limited companies, each operating as stand-alone entities. We specialise in the manufacture and sales of animal health and nutrition products for farm and companion animals, including veterinary and equine products.
We’re passionate about being the best and you should be too!
Apply online for immediate consideration.