Mill Farm Sports Village
Wesham (PR4 3JZ)
Mill Farm Sports Village currently have an excellent opportunity for a Finance Manager to be based in Wesham.
You will oversee the accurate and timely production of the monthly management accounts, maintaining a robust internal control environment and constantly challenging processes and striving for continuous improvement.
In addition, you will be responsible for producing and issuing the monthly management accounts packs, performing balance sheet reconciliations and overseeing the running of finance team based at Mill Farm.
Month End Closure
You will be;
- Responsible for producing monthly management accounts for Mill Farm Sports Village and AFC Fylde including commentaries on key variances to budget in line with the month end timetable.
- Ensuring the ledgers are closed in a timely manner to allow processing to continue in the correct accounting period.
- Reviewing monthly management accounts and ensuring all variances are understood and accounted for correctly
- Raising questions/queries on any significant variances to budget, ensuring they have sufficiently explained and challenged.
- Reconciling all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis and raising any concerns to the Group Financial Controller/Group Finance Director.
- Providing support to the Finance Team to ensure the month end timetable is achieved and ongoing training is provided.
You will be;
- Liaising with external parties as and when required, including but not limited to; banks, HMRC and legal representatives.
- Assisting the year end auditors and all other external Finance consultants.
- Ensuring the monthly reporting packs are distributed on time and handle any queries from senior management
You will be;
- Contributing to the annual business planning process
- Overseeing the sales and purchase ledger functions and ensuring all paperwork is processed and filed accurately and in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for daily sales and bank reconciliations
- Managing the day to day workload of the Inventory Controller to ensure that paperwork is completed accurately, and any disputes are resolved within the same day.
- Responsible for maintaining stock accuracy within EPOS system
- Managing, mentoring and developing the Finance Team to ensure progression within.
- Assisting with the Year End audit process providing answers to any queries in a timely manner.
- Responsible for executing the month end stock takes and reporting on variances
- Ensuring the weekly wages and monthly salaries are completed accurately, on time and reconciling these to the balance sheet.
- Reviewing and updating all finance related SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and making the MD aware of any changes required.
- Ensuring any cash and takings adhere to the relevant SOPs and raising any concerns to the MD, Group Finance Director and Group Finance Controller as appropriate
- Improving commercial reporting, performance and driving improvements and efficiencies across the business.
- Monitoring of the debtor ledgers to ensure any outstanding debt is chased and escalating any issues to MD, CEO and Group Financial Controller.
- Ensuring all paperwork is filed efficiently and in line with HMRC and GDPR guidelines.
- Monitor cashflow and provide a rolling 13-week cashflow to Group Finance.
You will have;
- Accountancy Qualification (ACMA/ACCA)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- University Degree of 2:1 or above
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent IT skills especially in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
You will be;
- A quick learner
- A self-motivator
- Hard working
- A team player
You will be expected to;
- Act with honesty and integrity always
- Demonstrate high standards of personal conduct
- Value and respect colleagues and other members of staff
- Work with others to develop and improve our services
- Take personal responsibility for their words, actions and the quality of service they deliver.