Dairy Product Manager
Dairy Product Manager (DPM) – Permanent – £40,000 per annum
About the Role :
The DPM will manage and develop the company’s dairy product portfolio with specific responsibility for HM Inoculant, Lactaid and Cow Care (the products). The DPM’s focus will be on supporting the sale of ‘the products’ through the Sales Agent and ASM networks. This support will include product training, audit training and dual calling, providing technical support and sales support. The role will involve the implementation of strategies to develop new customers as well as integrating the products into the current customer base.
Due to this being a national role, the DPM should expect to spend at least two to three nights per week away from home. When not working in the field, the DPM will work from the company’s Head Office in Lytham
- Ensure that overall sales plans for the products are achieved or exceeded
- Make regular weekly contact with both the ASM’s and selected SA’s via personal visit or telephone contact
- Spend time in the field with the sales team making dual calls together providing coaching, and giving verbal and written feedback after each visit
Participation at shows and events:
- Help organize, manage and staff all key shows and events both regionally and nationally.
- Where practical and in line with strategy, support agents at local shows and specialist dairy events
- Manage follow up of all sales leads and collate all data
- Co-ordinate and facilitate farmer meetings, farm walks and open days
Universities and Colleges:
- Build relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s) in the field
- Work closely with the universities and colleges to establish knowledge and credibility of our products
- Where required, co-ordinate product trials
- Liaise with the DD and FDMM to design and implement product campaigns including but not limited to direct mail, telephoning and advertising
- Help the FDMM by providing technical input into all marketing materials
- Provide sales training to company staff, both internal and external, and appropriate Agri Lloyd SA’s
- Where applicable, participate in new agent induction
- Keep the sales and marketing teams up to date on competitor developments
- Provide technical and product training to company staff, both internal and external, and appropriate Agri Lloyd SA’s
- Conduct Field to Yield Knowledge Transfer Days and seminars.
Provide effective sales & business reports:
- Submit daily & weekly call reports
- Provide monthly forward planning calendar
- Supply detailed analysis of all sales activity
- Work in the field with our sales representatives, be they employed or independent, providing them with selling skills and complete knowledge on how to sell our products
- Share creative ideas with team members and management to ensure best practice
- Professionally present results and plans at sales meetings
You must have a good understanding of dairy farming, with a higher agricultural education, an excellent concept of selling, understanding of customer service & care and a willingness to grasp and accept current Agri-Lloyd policies and procedures. Good IT skills (in particular PowerPoint and Excel)
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Company car, laptop and mobile phone
- Holidays that increase with length of service
- Personal and Professional development
- Pension Bonus and Health cover (after qualifying period)
The Tangerine Group is a privately held company based in Lytham. Within the group are ten limited companies, each operating as stand-alone entities. We specialise in the manufacture and sales of animal health and nutrition products for farm and companion animals, including veterinary and equine products. We’re passionate about being the best and you should be too!
Apply online for immediate consideration.
Job Type: Full-time