Mill Farm Sports Village
Mill Farm Sports Village currently have an excellent opportunity for an Accounts Assistant to be based within our Wesham site. As an Accounts Assistant you will be responsible for processing of purchase ledger items, reconciliation of daily takings and raising daily sales invoices, involvement in stocktaking and subsequent reconciliations, bank reconciliations and other ad-hoc finance tasks as and when required. In addition, you will be expected to cover the responsibilities of the Mill Farm Inventory Controller for 1-2 days per week, including the placing of orders, receiving of deliveries and ensuring the EPOS system is kept fully up to date. You will have the following skills and responsibilities;
You will have;
- At least one year’s experience in a similar role
- Excellent Excel skills
- Good IT skills
- Experience of Sage Line 200 and 50 would be advantageous
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
You will be;
- Processing purchase ledger invoices, including matching of delivery notes and purchase orders and putting forward supplier payment runs
- Overseeing daily reconciliations of takings for all Mill Farm outlets, matching to cash amounts banked and raising sales invoices
- Participating in month end stock takes and reconciliation of weekly and monthly stocktakes, including posting / analysis of adjustments where required
- Overseeing Bank reconciliations
- In the absence of the Mill Farm Inventory Controller:
- Processing of purchase orders on the EPOS system
- Receiving of deliveries and checking against purchase orders
- Entering of wastage and transfer sheets onto the EPOS system
You will be required to;
- Work additional hours to meet the needs of the business
- Attend staff meetings and training as needed.
- Travel to other sites, as needed.
- Carry out any other duties within the scope and purpose of the job as requested by the Finance Manager.