The Tangerine Group is a privately held company based in Lytham. We specialise in the manufacture and sale of animal health and nutrition products for farm and companion animals, including veterinary and equine products.
Within the group are several limited companies, all operating from the Lytham site including:
- Carr & Day & Martin Ltd
- Day, Son & Hewitt
We recognise that good customer relations are essential to the success of our business, in support of this we will:
- Provide a professional and high standard of service.
- Continue to liaise with customers to ensure the best possible product.
- Maintain our Good Manufacturing Practice certification to ensure all products are consistently produced and controlled to appropriate quality standards.
To ensure the retention of highly skilled, versatile and well-motivated employees we will:
- Provide safe working conditions, promote safe working practices and have a continuous programme of training to ensure our workforce is kept up-to-date with health and safety issues in the workplace.
- Continue to recruit locally where possible.
- Continue to encourage staff to take part in charity events throughout the year.
- Continue to promote our in house social group, called Good Times.
- Ensure that all staff at Tangerine Holdings are fully trained within their chosen fields and with appropriate qualifications and accreditations where required.
- Undertake training needs analysis and staff development appraisals.
We will strive to continually improve environmental performance and prevent pollution of land, air and water. In support of this we have adopted a formal environmental policy.
We rely on the quality of the materials and components that we use and of the service provided by our suppliers, we will therefore:
- Continue to incorporate stringent quarantine controls within our Goods In procedures.
- Purchase goods and services from local and UK-based suppliers where possible.
- Work to improve our oversight of any overseas suppliers in terms of labour standards, human rights and welfare issues.
We recognise that we have a duty to be a responsible neighbour and member of the local community; we will therefore continue to contribute to and support local activities and organisations by:
- Supporting local schools and sports clubs
- Supporting local people in need
- Sponsoring charitable community events
Our Corporate Social Responsibility Policy is endorsed by the Managing Director who is responsible for its implementation and will ensure it is reviewed and updated when necessary. The policy will be displayed within the organisation and will be communicated to all employees. Copies are also available for the public, customers, suppliers and any other interested parties through our website or on request.